There is a wonderful program on BYU campus that helps students assess their fitness and health through a series of tests, it is Y-Be-Fit. The program offers one-on-one assessment and counseling from trained staff and students. They are used to identify and target the specific needs of each participant.
This service is a great way to help acknowledge unhealthy habits that may go unnoticed. It calls for you to keep a food diary to see how what you eat affects your daily health. From there the counselors break it down and help to work with you on what is healthy.
Other tests available through the program include:
- Bod Pod (% body fat) – $15.00
- Blood Lipid Profile (total cholesterol, HDL, LDL, and triglycerides) – $15.00
- Glucose Test – $5.00
- Nutritional Evaluation – $15.00
- Treadmill Test – $15.00
- Skinfold (% body fat) – $1.00
- Osteoporosis Screening – Full body $130.00, Hip Scan $65.00, Spine Scan $65.00